As Benedictine Sisters of the Good Shepherd Monastery of Starr County in South Texas, we live the Gospel in the spirit of Saint Benedict.
We welcome new members and others to join us with listening hearts in order to be aware of God’s presence in daily life. Through our trust in God and sacrificial love, we offer a place of peace, hope, and renewal to a broken world.
- Invite women with a religious vocation to live harmoniously as members in our community and to grow in holiness together
- Work and pray for the transformation of the “culture of death” into a civilization of love through pro-life and other outreach activities
- Practice the Benedictine tradition of desire for God, love of learning and holy reading (lectio divina)
- Be a center of prayer, healing, learning, and community for all of God’s people, especially being mindful of those whose lives are broken, and seemingly hopeless and empty
- Share our life with lay people through the Benedictine Oblate way of life
- Welcome all people of the area to encounter Jesus at our Fountain of Life Adoration Chapel
- Evangelize through our own Catholic radio station
- Care for our land as good stewards
- Plant roots by the expansion of our monastery